Walmart believes in operating globally and giving back locally – creating impact in the neighborhoods where we live and work.
the Community Grant Program, our associates are proud to support the needs of
their communities by providing grants to local organizations.
If you are applying for funding through a Sam's Club location, additional focus areas are considered. Learn more about the Sam's Club Community Grant Program.
Before applying, please note:
The 2016 grant cycle begins Feb. 1, 2016 and the application deadline to apply is Dec. 31, 2016.
- Application may be submitted at any time during this funding cycle. Please note that applications will only remain pending in our system for 90 days.
- Awarded grants range from $250 to $2,500.
- Organizations applying must meet one of the following criteria:
- An organization holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), (4), (6) or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- A recognized government entity: state, county, or city agency, including law enforcement or fire departments, that are requesting funds exclusively for public purposes;
- A K-12 public or private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private college or university; or
- A church or other faith-based organization with a proposed project that benefits the community at large.
- All organizations must verify that they meet the eligibility requirements. This may require submitting a support ticket through Cybergrants.
- Applications must be completed in full and submitted online to be considered.
- Submitting an online application does not guarantee funding.
- The facility manager and the grant administrator reserve the right to adjust the amount awarded to each organization without prior notice.
Please read the Community Grant Guidelines before beginning your application.