- The minimum amount to apply for is $10,000.
- Organizations interested in grants of less than $5,000 should apply through the Local Giving Program.
- There is no guarantee of funding.
- Walmart and the Walmart Foundation reserve the right to modify the Northwest Arkansas Giving Program’s guidelines, submission deadlines and notification dates without prior notice.
The Northwest Arkansas Giving Program is open to nonprofit organizations that serve Benton and Washington counties of Arkansas. If your organization is outside the eligible region, please see the Local Giving Program.
Preference will be given to work that fits within the Northwest Arkansas Giving strategy: Providing greater access to hunger relief and nutrition services and enhancing quality of life through increasing access to arts and recreational facilities
Applications must be completed in full and submitted online to be considered.
Organizations that receive grants in 2017 are required to submit an impact report within 12 months after the award date detailing how the grant was used and what outcomes were achieved. Impact reports must be received at the end of the grant term in order for the Walmart Foundation to consider an organization for additional funding.
Grant applications are not eligible if they:
- exceed 25% of the organization’s annual operating budget for the most recent fiscal year
- plan to use funds that will be managed or used outside Benton or Washington Counties in Northwest Arkansas
- include a request to fund personnel expenses of more than 50% for any single program-related position
- Advocacy groups
- Athletic teams, events or programs
- Individual educational institutions for regular instructional programs
- Individuals (requests made solely for the benefit of one person or family)
- Faith-based organizations for religious purposes
- Supporting organizations or projects outside of Northwest Arkansas (Benton and Washington Counties)