Walmart and the Walmart Foundation use philanthropy to create opportunities so people can live better. We believe that our philanthropy can be the strongest when we lean in to Walmart’s unique strengths as a retailer. That means supporting our associates through volunteerism or using our business know-how to lead on issues that affect the people in the communities we serve.
In Northwest Arkansas our investments are focused around growing long-term capacity and capabilities of the region by:
1) Increasing access to Healthy Food and Healthy Eating services; and
2) Enhancing the Quality of Life in Northwest Arkansas, with a specific focus on regional planning, inclusion and access for low income residents
Food Access and Healthy Eating Services
We envision a day where no one in Northwest Arkansas faces food insecurity. To help achieve this vision, we support programs that systematically connect people to healthy food, teach healthy eating skills and develop innovative collaborations among local nonprofits to meet long term needs in our area. This may include programs that increase access to food, meals or services designed to address hunger or healthy eating education programs that increase participant demand for healthier food by providing individuals with the tools needed to choose and cook healthier food. Specific emphasis will be placed on proposals which are able to demonstrate measurable outcomes and address issues within low-income communities which are traditionally underserved.
- Applications are reviewed once a year – deadline for submission is April 5, 2019.
Quality of Life
Walmart is proud to call Northwest Arkansas home. As we grow into an increasingly larger and more diverse region, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation support programs to enhance the quality of life for all members of the community, with a specific focus on regional coordination, inclusion and access for low income residents. To help achieve this vision, we support programs that provide access to arts and recreation programs to increase the quality of life in the region. While there may be some support for subsidized admission or programming, proposals that are sustainable long-term, support collaboration across organizations or drive system innovation will be prioritized.
- Applications are reviewed once a year – deadline for submission is May 3, 2019.
Event sponsorship requests for Walmart and Sam’s Club are included in the Quality of Life category and are reviewed monthly. Please note the vast majority of support in this focus area is programmatic and we are limited in the number of events we are able to sponsor each year.
Before applying, please note:
- Only organizations or efforts within Northwest Arkansas (Benton or Washington Counties) are eligible for funding through the Northwest Arkansas Giving program.
- Grant funds may not be used to promote or engage in criminal acts of violence, terrorism, hate crimes, the destruction of any state, or discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, religion, military and veteran status, disability, sex, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, or support of any entity that engages in these activities.
- The minimum grant amount to apply for is $10,000.
- Walmart and the Walmart Foundation reserve the right to adjust guidelines, submission deadlines and notification dates without prior notice.
- Due to the volume of grant requests received in each focus area and our desire to create an equitable and competitive review process, applications are reviewed twice a year within each focus area. Please pay close attention to the focus area deadlines listed above. Walmart and the Walmart Foundation reserve the right to invite applicants at any time.
- Grants will be awarded for a 12 to 24 month programmatic period. An impact report will be due to the Foundation at the end of the grant period. If a grant runs more than 12 months an interim report will be due after 12 months.
- The grant amount requested cannot exceed 20% of an organization’s operating budget.
- We welcome collaboration between organizations but only one organization can submit the application for the grant.
Please read the full Northwest Arkansas Giving Guidelines before beginning your application.
Apply for Northwest Arkansas Giving Grants HERE.